amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Thursday, April 18, 2024

LHM: Nomination

 The following post contains spoilers for Lord Have Mercy Part III: Rising Sun, available now! Turn back now if you haven't read it yet, or grab a copy here:


The table in church had been the table since Aidan could remember. His first time in the chapel had been on Ghost’s hip, and he’d been so little, all he could recall of it was a time-blurred glimpse of Ghost’s profile, the look on his face that he would only realize years later was reverence, as he explained, in a quiet voice, what the room represented, and what it would some day mean to Aidan. 

My favorite scene, hands down, in Part Three is the church scene. It was the most fun to write, and one I've been looking forward to since the very early brainstorming stages of this book. The nomination is a tremendous shock for Aidan, and probably for a lot of the other guys as well. On Walsh's part, this wasn't something he discussed with Ghost before they pulled their fake prez stunt. Walsh is playing his part in keeping the truth from the chapter - though he hates it - but everything he said at the table about Aidan was all him, his real opinion, and 100% earnest. Aidan catches such hell throughout this series - some of it well-earned - so it was nice to be able to brag on him a little bit. 

3 comments:

  1. I literally just read this, and I agree it was amazing to hear Walsh say those things about Aiden, I just wish they didn't have to lie to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was a smart move and maybe the only one that will help soothe the sting when the truth come out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sensed Walsh was speaking the truth of Aiden but my gosh, when Aiden learns the truth what a crushing moment this could become for him. I am genuinely worried for him.

    ReplyDelete