amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Friday, March 18, 2022

Bookshelf 411


 

Greetings from a very rainy and stormy Friday here on the farm. I'm getting new followers across all my SM accounts, and am frequently asked about my series: reading order, number of books, content, that sort of thing. I thought I'd create a master post for organizational purposes. So, in no particular order, here's the 411 on (almost) all of my books:


The Dartmoor Series

By far my most popular, this series is an ongoing saga about an outlaw Motorcycle Club based in Knoxville, TN. Book one is an intentionally sprawling character epic told in a meandering, lush manner reminiscent of the classic Southern authors of decades past. But, centering around a criminal enterprise, it's full of action, graphic violence, and explicit sex. A family saga at its heart, though, each book features a central romance - or two - and a plethora of family drama and interactions. It has a three-book spinoff series, "The Lean Dogs Legacy Series," that ties back into the main storyline in book seven, and is included below. Each book is meant to be read in the order of publication date, as follows:

Fearless
Price of Angels
Half My Blood
The Skeleton King
Secondhand Smoke
Snow in Texas
Tastes Like Candy 
Loverboy
American Hellhound 
Shaman
Prodigal Son
Lone Star
Homecoming
The Wild Charge (in progress)

The series must be read in order and the books are not standalones. 


Sons of Rome Series

This series is my big, loud, freaking stressful baby that I love so much. It started as a collection of drabbles in the margins of my high school algebra notes, and turned into over a decade of research, dreaming, and finagling. It finally premiered in 2017 with book one, White Wolf, and it's safe to say this series was not what my established audience was expecting from me. Book five is taking five forevers to write, but it's still my favorite series. 

I call it "paranormal fantasy," because it's a blend of paranormal and urban fantasy told on the grand scale of an epic fantasy series. The books are fat, unhurried, and very character focused. The premise, in short, is that certain important figures from history - Romulus and Remus of Rome, Rasputin, Alexei Romanov, Vlad Tepes, Richard I - are vampires, immortal, still living (some of them anyway), and werewolves and mages serve as their Familiars. Vlad Tepes, his brother Val, and their merry band of misfits are on a (somewhat) reluctant mission to save the world from the machinations of their Uncle Romulus. The main action is contemporary, but there are lots of historical scenes; the stories of how our immortals found their way to the modern world is every bit as essential as the overarching plot. 

While the series definitely can't be classified as genre romance - don't come looking for another BDB - the slow-burn love stories throughout the series are important and focused-on. M/F, M/M, be prepared for explicit sex and darker themes, like sexual abuse, child slavery (Ottoman Empire, you know?) and bloody, gory violence in general. The series leans hard into the paranormal elements, with all the erotic blood-drinking, brain-washing, and wolf-shifting you could want. It's ongoing, with at least eight planned books, though I'm leaving the door open for more.

White Wolf
Red Rooster
Dragon Slayer
Golden Eagle 
The Winter Palace (in progress)
Lionheart (in progress)


Hell Theory Trilogy

You mean I actually wrote and completed a series? It's a trilogy, really, but, who's counting? This is an odd, niche little post-apocalyptic erotica series which features a rift in the heavens, a rift in hell, and a battle taking place on the mortal plane, all of it loosely inspired by the King Arthur legends. Featuring an eventual OT3, and a winged, horned anti-hero, it also includes a side-story novella. 

King Among the Dead
Night In A Waste Land
Mystic Wonderful (novella)
Vanish Into Light 


The Drake Chronicles  

Epic fantasy in its purest form, the Drake Chronicles take place in an imaginary realm where dragons, shifters, and other forms of magic rule the day. There's several main romances and more to come, M/M and M/F. Despite its "softer, gentler" feel compared to my other work, this is most definitely a series meant for adults, with explicit sex and graphic violence. It's ongoing (currently working on book four), and I don't know how long it will end up being - could be 8, 9, 10 books, who knows. I'm having fun with it. 

Heart of Winter
Edge of the Wild 
Blood of Wolves
Demon of the Dead (in progress)


I have other series, yes, but they were published so long ago they feel like an entirely different person wrote them. I won't talk about them here, but the Walkers and Russells are out there for some sweet (Walkers), and salty (Russells) family drama action.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this.
    I have just finished EVERYTHING in your library -took me a while- and now patiently waiting for the last 3 you're currently working on.
    I must admit I looked at my kindle library and kindle store and was totally flummoxed as I didn't have a clue who or what I wanted to read next.
    I may give it a week before I decide who's worthy ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait for more updates about the winter palace 😫🙏

    ReplyDelete