amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, January 6, 2020

#GoldenEagle: A Playlist of Sorts



I don't typically listen to music while writing - I need quiet for that. A cooking show on in the background with the volume nearly silent, just enough to keep the dog from barking at every little creak of the wind in the eaves. But music plays a huge part in my creative process; I do most of my listening while I walk or work out, and that's when I do my best brain-storming.

To be honest, it's hard coming up with distinct playlists for each Sons of Rome book because there's so much overlap between scenes and moments: I have a series playlist, instead. But two songs standout for Golden Eagle. Both from Florence + The Machine. One for Nikita, and one for Sasha.

For Nik: "Shake it Out"

For Sasha: "Howl"

Other listening for Golden Eagle:


"Centuries" - Fall Out Boy (the original is perfect, but give this remix a try, because oh man)




"Peter and the Wolf" - Sergei Prokofiev (If you've never listened to this, you have to)

No comments:

Post a Comment