amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, April 8, 2013

The Sale

So Saturday was the Cobb Library book sale and I'm happy to report there was nothing to be nervous about. But you probably already knew that - I just tend to get nervous for no reason.

This was my table:



This was me at the table:



This was the world's widest plastic chair (my hand as a reference):

 
 

Book sales are a lot like craft fairs - a room full of tables from behind which vendors sell their wares - only with books instead of bracelets and dream catchers. There were probably twenty local authors in attendance selling everything from quilting how-to guides to religious fiction. While it's true that no one achieves astronomical sales at events like this, it's a great chance for exposure: I handed out pamphlets and shook hands and got to meet some lovely local authors, and even sold some books. All in all, I'd call the day a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment