amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Friday, February 16, 2024

Friday Updates 2/16



 


Friday greetings from the farm! I always know that the grass is greening up - before you can see it, really - when the horses start venturing farther and farther out in the pasture. They have something like eight acres on that side of the driveway, but if the grass is dead and brown, they loiter up at the barn and wait for handouts.  

 

On a personal front, Kit Kat's been here for almost two months, and she's definitely settled in at this point. She and AB are BFFs now, and even Max has come around and likes her now. Yay! She's growing, and learning, and is - so far - the friendliest, loveliest little baby. I can't wait to see what color she is once she sheds out for spring.

Speaking of spring, brace yourselves for flower photos. The pears are budded, and the daffodils are just starting to bloom. The landscape is still dead and brown at a glance, but spring is poking her first fingers up through the soil. This weekend, I'm starting my seed trays for tomatoes, dahlias, and geraniums. Now's the time to add compost to the cutting beds and prune back the roses. It's also time to divide my dahlia tubers, which is going to be tricky and tedious, and I'm honestly not looking forward to it, but it should make for an even bigger dahlia harvest this year. 

Okay, now for the updates you're really here for: book stuff. 




This past Wednesday, I released my second book of 2024, College Town, a standalone, second chance, small town M/M romance. You can read more about it here, and purchase it at one of the links below. 


This was a really fun project, and I enjoyed the change of pace. I'll post a debriefing sometime next week to talk about nostalgia, creative decisions, and Lawson and Tommy's sweet (mostly) love story. I hope you'll all enjoy it, and if you do, a review would be a lovely boost for the ol' ratings 💝

As far as current projects go, I'm working on Lord Have Mercy Part III: Rising Sun, which I'll be playing close to the vest during the writing phase. I overshared while I was drafting Part II, so I'm going to post more cautiously about WIPs going forward. 

If you haven't yet read them, Parts I and II are available, and are necessary reading before Part III drops sometime in the next couple of months. More details on an exact date coming soon.

Speaking of posting, though, I'm hoping to do more of it. The algorithms on all the social media sites are a nightmare, and I've had readers reach out weeks later in surprise that a book has gone live, so I'm working on a more regular post schedule to hopefully combat that. 

If you have any questions you'd like me to address in my College Town debriefing, you can drop them below, and I'll incorporate them into my post. Have a lovely weekend, everyone, and I hope the grass is starting to green up in your neck of the woods as well. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good 😄 can't wait for part 3. In the meantime enjoying College Town

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kit is a beauty. Looking forward to seeing your Spring blooms. Just got College Town for this weekend. Can’t wait for next Mercy installment. Have a great weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete