amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, February 19, 2024

#CollegeTown: The Playlist


A shallow grave where I can keep it safe
Or hide away, for just in case I need it
My old friend, it's time to say goodbye again
No need to tell me where you've been
I feel it
Shallow graves for shallow hearts
For pick-me-ups and fall-aparts
For promises that never started right

 

~ "No Place Like Home," Marianas Trench

 

 

I have extremely eclectic taste in music, but this book playlist just might take the cake. The top list is songs I listened to while drafting the novel, some of which would slot easily into a soundtrack, some which Lawson would listen to with headphones in the middle of his teen angst, but a few which were simply fun to revisit to get in a late 90s, early 2000s mindset. 

The Stardust Set List is all the songs most frequently played during my own roller rink days at Sparkles, and which Lawson, Dana, Tommy, and Noah definitely skated to before they got too cool for the rink and migrated permanently to the arcade. 

College Town is live for Kindle, paperback, Nook, and Kindle:


Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo


"Everything You Want" - Vertical Horizon 

"By Now" - Marianas Trench 

"Every Day Is Exactly the Same" - Nine Inch Nails 

"Photograph" - Def Leppard 

"All You Wanted" - Michelle Branch 

"Easy Lover" - Philip Bailey & Phil Collins 

"Deep" - Nine Inch Nails 

"I Can't Make You Love Me" - George Michael 

"Four-Thirty" - Sara Evans 

"Grown Men Don't Cry" - Tim McGraw 

"No Place Like Home" - Marianas Trench 


Stardust Set List

"Quit Playing Games With My Heart" - Backstreet Boys 

"Wannabe" - Spice Girls 

"Barbie Girl" - Aqua 

"Jump Around" - House of Pain 

"Want You Back" - Nsync 

"I Wanna Dance With Somebody" - Whitney Houston 

"Freedom" - George Michael 

"No Scrubs" - TLC

"Everybody" - Backstreet Boys 

No comments:

Post a Comment