amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Saturday, September 30, 2023

Update 9/30



If you follow me on Insta, you probably saw my post earlier in the week in which I said I had Covid. I'd been feeling poorly for days, and then found out what it was and went oh, of course. I had it earlier in the summer, and then a nasty cold last month, and now Covid again, and while it's not the sickest I've ever been, I've definitely felt pretty crappy for a while. Lots of gnarly headaches, lots of fatigue, lots of brain fog. It hasn't stopped me from working completely, but let's just say the ratio of staring out the window vs. typing has shifted heavily toward the former. 

I feel better than I did midweek, but I still don't feel good. As you can imagine, this is incredibly frustrating! I've got so much to write, and so much that needs doing around the farm. It's been frustrating for Strider, too, who hasn't been getting in as many hikes as he wants 😝

I feel like all I say lately is "thanks for being patient." Get ready to hear it again. Thanks for being patient, guys. The back half of this summer has been one long migraine. 

The good thing - and I've known this for years now - is that being sick doesn't kneecap the quality of my writing. If it did, I could always fix it in editing, but I've had some really great and insightful passages this week. It just kills the rate at which I can write. Instead of four, five, six-thousand-word days, I'm lucky to get a couple hundred words. They might be quality words, but they come in short bursts. 

So thanks for your patience! Ha! For those asking, no I don't have a date on part two: just whenever I get it finished and edited. 



 


4 comments:

  1. Hope u feel better soon. I suffer from migraines and they are debilitating. Take your time and get well because we all know it will be worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better! You are always worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending speedy recovery thoughts & "virtual" chicken soup. 🍵 Rest & get well #WordWeaver

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of yourself. We will wait and read whatever comes along❤️

    ReplyDelete