amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Thursday, October 5, 2023

Slow It Goes




I somehow forgot how slow recovery goes for this stupid virus. I had a few truly rough days, and now I'm in the slightly-better, but-not-good limbo that comes after. I made the mistake early on of not truly resting, but I've learned my lesson. Now it's lots of vitamins, lots of little breaks, lots of Walgreens Allergy Relief™ since I have such a terrible reaction to OTC cough medicine, lots of wishing I could send my dog to doggie daycare because he does not understand sick days. 

On an update front, I think it's obvious that my hoped-for Sons of Rome read-along won't be kicking off on October first (ha) and that it's been pushed back. If I do it at all. While I do need to reread the whole series for my own purposes, I'm no longer feeling the discussion angle.  

I took down last weekend's lengthy Lord Have Mercy sneak-peak of chapter 18 because I was getting flak in the comments, and I'm not doing that. This blog is my house, and you can't come into my house and tell me I've miswritten my own characters. Screw that. "Alexa, play 'This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things' by Taylor Swift." My editor says I've been sharing far too much in advance, and I agree with her. 

Still alive. Still writing, albeit slowly. I overdid it a little yesterday, so I'll probably be quiet again for a while. 

Take care. 

8 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon. I appreciate whatever you are willing to share with us. Continue to rest and take care of yourself that it the most important priority.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better. I love the way you deal with the trolls. Don't ever let them change anything about your writing. You are an amazing storyteller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon and ignore the meanie moaners how many books could they write 😃

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry that people are being cruel again. That's why I don't leave my home unless I have to, Covid hit me in 2020 and I have never been the same. Maybe that's why I love too read so much, anyway I hope you start to feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon. Your characters, the way they evolve and change are why I wait patiently for the next instalment or the next release. Your books are captivating they pull me in and don’t let go until I finish reading. The problem is I have to finish it when I start it so it’s a marathon. Keep well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried NAC(N-Acetyl-Cysteine)? Great for detoxification l. I heard it was good for fighting the virus. Anyway sorry to hear how people don’t appreciate a good thing. I feel bad because last week I said I wished all the brothers & Raven were there. I hope you didn’t take that as negative because I love your characters, I love how you write them, I just wanted more of them because I love them. Does that make sense? You always do your characters justice. I am greedy for more. If I offended you in any way I apologize. These post are a bonus I immensely appreciate but I get it if we have to wait for the book now. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you’re much better soon. I can’t abide those trolls. I can’t imagine getting online and writing things to try and provoke people. They’re miserable and have no life. Love and adore your writing. Don’t let the bas****s get you down. Jealousy is a terrible thing.

    ReplyDelete