amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Sunday, July 9, 2023

#ReadingLife: The Only One Left

 


A little late Sunday post action with a book rec of my latest read: The Only One Left by Riley Sager. 

This was definitely a case of having seen an author's books all over social media for a while, but not taking the plunge until a particular cover caught my eye. Well, a cover, and a rec from Crime By the Book over on Insta for Sager's latest novel: a spooky whodunnit set in a cliffside mansion that is quite literally crumbling into the sea, one haunted by the murders of three of its previous inhabitants. 

I feel like I can't discuss any of the plot without giving away major spoilers, but this was a very effectively twisty-turny tale that would twist again just when I thought I had it figured out. It kept me up well past lights-out all week, racing to get to the end. Fast-paced and instantly engaging, it's a definite recommendation for suspense-lovers who like a bit of a Gothic vibe. 

Speaking of horror...now that July 4th is past, I'm feeling VERY ready for spooky season. Last night I picked up It again - I've been reading that book piecemeal for a couple of years at this point, yikes. But now seems like a good time to finish it. Then I've got my eye on the latest T. Kingfisher horror, which I want to start this week. 

It might be sweltering outside, but the ghosts and goblins are calling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment