amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, July 10, 2023

A Look Back: Snow In Texas



She had it now, didn't she? That dream she'd stuffed in a back drawer, afraid to even hope for anymore. It had come in on the evening bus almost a year ago, big-shouldered and beautiful. 

It was a strange time for the club, but she wasn't frightened. No, she felt stronger and more capable than ever. Funny how it had taken blood to wash the helplessness away. Funny how she hadn't been helpless at all...just led to believe it. 

As if he sensed her staring, Colin turned to look at her. He smiled. 

She smiled back. 
After Colin swept into town in Half My Blood and put through Mercy through the family reunion from hell, I realized he most certainly needed his own book - how could he not join the club after that? But I didn't want him in Knoxville; I wanted him to have a chance to sink or swim on his own, without Mercy's very long shadow falling over him. 

Funnily enough, however, the second he arrived in Texas, the book quickly became Jenny's. I like to think that supporting her through her challenges taught Colin a lot about what it means to be someone's man, what it means to be the sort of person others can depend on, and he's worlds better for it. 

This book was the first one that I posted chapter by chapter on Wattpad, which was a bit of a risk, but a lot of fun. Since it took place in Texas, in the heart of a new chapter, it seemed fitting to make it the first in a spinoff series. Going forward, however, I think I'm going to braid the two series together and continue on with just Dartmoor, no matter which chapter a Dog and his beloved hail from. 

















1 comment: