amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, June 24, 2024

Music Monday: Big Son

 


I don't usually put together a playlist post until after a book drops, and that's not what I'm doing here, but I HAD to come rec the album that's been powering me through LHM part four. The whole thing's gold, but two songs specifically just scream Lean Dogs, and will definitely make it onto the final playlist I share. 

"Horses & Hellcats"

and

"Last of My Kind"

both by Shaboozey. Sometimes, I pick a song because of the lyrics, and sometimes because of the sound, and his music hits both perfectly for this group of characters, and this story.


We ride palominos like they're SRTs (Yeah) 

Once I pick a speed, ain't no catchin' me, ayy

Lookin' for me, I be out in Tennessee

I don't stay the night, grab the cash and leave

And there's no way out of the life that we chose

Everyone knows where it goes

Ayy, we ride palominos like they're SRTs

Once I pick a speed, ain't no catchin' me

2 comments: