amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Sunday, June 23, 2024

6 Month Check-in

It's the middle of June, and the summer solstice was two days ago, so we're officially halfway through the year. How did that happen??? 

Today, I'm writing, and waiting for the day's heat to abate somewhat before I work with KitKat, but I think it's time for a 6-month check-in on the new release front. So far this year, I've released four books. They are, in order:



Lord Have Mercy Part II: Fortunate Son

Part two of the four-part serial that will altogether form Dartmoor book 10 when completed. The novel tells the story of the Lean Dogs' last stand against Abacus - the enemy that's plagued them for several books now - as well as a personal story for Mercy and Ava, tracking the unhinged FBI agent who, at the end of part two, has kidnapped their son, Remy. 




College Town

A standalone (with follow-up novella) second chance, small town romance between two childhood sweethearts, reunited twenty years after Tommy left Lawson without an explanation. It's a sole POV, past- and present-tense narrative filled with spice and sweetness, and a heavy dash of mafia action, with a twist, though happy, ending. Character-driven M/M romance. 




Lord Have Mercy Part III: Rising Sun

In part three of Lord Have Mercy, some bold, potentially foolish decisions are made, and our main players are splintered into three groups, which makes for some fun and unlikely team-ups. Tensions are high thanks to Remy's kidnapping, and our usually-strong club members are floundering. 




A Cure for Recovery 

A Tommy-POV epilogue novella for College Town, in which getting the happy ending doesn't mean that every day is happy. Tommy struggles to recover physically, and realizes he's not done much mental or emotional recovering in the process. A sweet, salty, spicy slice of life story about the ways that love takes work.


Right now, I'm writing Lord Have Mercy Part IV: Big Son, and once I finish it, I'll release it as part four, and then compile all four parts into one doorstopper of an epic MC novel. Then, I plan to tackle the next Drake book, Avarice of the Empire, which should offer plenty of twists, shocks, and revelations. 

I would love to break my personal record for number of titles released in a single year, but we'll just have to wait and see if that's feasible. 

Stay cool, everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. I love dragon books, I'm looking forward to reading what's going on with them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karin Eke-GöranssonJune 24, 2024 at 7:42 AM

    Ms Gilley,
    I do not know how you are able to be such a prolific author, as you are also an active horse woman, and I know that that takes time, and not little of it.
    I am always looking forward to new releases from you and I love that they come often, but please take care of yourself as well. I would rather have one less release a year from you, in many, many years to come, than you breaking yourself and tiring of writing...
    A new Lauren Gilley book is always a highly anticipated and surprising gift that makes even the bleakest of days into a golden one!

    ReplyDelete