amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Thursday, May 23, 2024

An Epilogue

 


He slides his hand in the crook of Lawson’s elbow. “Hey.”

Lawson’s head only half turns, his gaze askance, wary.

Oh, Tommy thinks. I’ve really messed up.

Voice gentle, he says, “I didn’t tell you because it wasn’t something new. I’ve been dealing with it off and on the whole time.”

“I thought–” Lawson starts, then shakes his head, and looks away again.

Tommy sits up, which isn’t as effortless as it used to be, his muscles gone soft and unsteady from disuse. And isn’t that stupid? He should have been working on his stretches, on his Pilates, his upper body exercises, and instead he’s kept putting it off. When I’m better, he always thinks. When I’m healed.

But maybe he never will be.


Remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned I was playing around with a Tommy POV follow-up to College Town as a writing exercise while I worked through the last part of Lord Have Mercy? It's officially a novella, now. As usual with me, the story grew legs, got up, and started running around, and what am I to do but follow? It's a look at what comes after the happy ending - the domestic joy and angst of moving past a major, life-altering event, with plenty of sweetness and spice, and a trip to NYC. Much like with the Russells, and then Hal and Luke in Walking Wounded, I found I wasn't ready to let go of Lawson and Tommy just yet, and had to add a little epilogue. 

It's titled A Cure For Recovery, and should be available soon! 

If you haven't read College Town yet, now's the perfect time. It's got:

  • small-town setting
  • childhood sweethearts
  • friends to lovers
  • twenty years later
  • second chance romance
  • mafia vibes
  • suspense
  • plot twist ending
  • banter
  • explicit steamy scenes
  • happy ending 

It's available in all the usual places:

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that there will be more Lawson & Tommy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished COLLEGE TOWN and it was so good! I always hate when one of your stories ends because I'm so involved. I want it to continue forever. Now I'm waiting for A CURE FOR RECOVERY as well as LHM Part 4! Well, this waiting time will help me do the necessary household chores I put off, as well as other things I'd really rather not do so that I can sit and read, read, read! Your writing is so good I literally lose myself in the stories and have to sometimes wake myself up and decifer what's real life and what's happening on paper. Thanks for letting me be that immersed for awhile!

    ReplyDelete