amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Friday, January 6, 2023

Getting Organized

New Year, New You? Well, probably not for me. I'm playing my goals close to the vest this year, though be assured at least one of them is impossible and guaranteed to leave me disappointed. But aim high, right? 



If you follow me on Instagram (@hppress), you'll know that last August I brought home a new Doberman puppy, and he's more or less turned life upside down. From the itty bitty baby stage, to the runaway toddler stage, to the difficult, up-all-night-teething stage. Now, at seven months, he's in the rowdy teenager stage, and keeping his brain and body active is every day's top priority. He knocked the back half of 2022 for a loop, so now I'm trying to gather my thoughts, and notebooks, and stories, and get back on track for 2023.

Let's Recap:

Last year I released three new novels. 



The Wild Charge (Dartmoor Book 9) in May, which was the culmination of a multi-book story arc featuring the sinister Abacus, starring Tenny and Reese. The big, crazy, biker-cum-spy book that I absolutely didn't want to write but ended up being quite proud of. It was fun in its best moments, pull-out-my-hair stressful in its worst. A lot happens in this one, and it introduced a host of new characters whose stories I'm now working into the rotation. 



In June, Demon of the Dead (Drake Chronicles Book 4) dropped, continuing the overarching main story of this epic fantasy series, with a special focus on Corpse Lord Nรกli, his Fault Lands, and necromantic powers. Each book purposefully expands the magic of the series, slowly peeling back the layers, and further developing our motley cast of kings, ladies, princes, and bastards. 



Long Way Down (Lean Dogs Legacy Book 4) came out in October and marked the first of the spinoff stories to come from The Wild Charge. Because one half of the central couple is a Sex Crimes detective, the novel veers a little from the MC format into crime thriller territory. A whodunit with an outlaw twist and a reluctant (on our leading lady's part) romance. 







Looking Ahead:

I'm currently working on the next Lean Dogs Legacy book, as well as Drake Chronicles Book 5, Fortunes of War. I've got other projects slated after those, some long-overdue, some new ideas, some series continuations. Frankly, I want to write an obscene amount this year, and I'm afraid even saying that is jinxing myself. But I'll do my best, and am eager to see what I can accomplish, dog willing. 

Thank you, all, for your support last year! For your kind words and encouragement. I'm hoping to bring you more stories to get lost in this year. 

Let me know what you're looking forward to most. Dartmoor? Drakes? The not-abandoned but woefully-on-pause Sons of Rome? ๐Ÿ˜… (I really am going to get back to that, I swear! She's just a BEAST as far as research and story scope goes). Which characters are you most hoping to see more of? I have my favorites, for sure (Ragnar, anyone?) ๐Ÿ˜



19 comments:

  1. I’m delighting in your Drake Chronicles series and I’m hoping some of your new series ideas may result in more same sex couple pairings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of them! Sadly, I’m greedy ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dartmoor all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m always looking forward to reading about my Tennessee and London Lean Dog families.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dartmoor and those Devin boys all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ๐Ÿ’—dartmoor and drake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dartmoor always, but I love ๐Ÿ‰ Dragon's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dartmoor❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I DEVOURED Dartmoor one right after the next without pause. Then I was lost until Drake sucked me in, which I also DEVOURED ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚❣️❣️ I loved Wild Charge and Reese and Tenny so much. Can't wait for the next book in both series'!!! So GLAD to have found your books!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sons of Rome and The Drake Chronicles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything you write! If I was forced to prioritize for next book my order would be: Sons of Rome, Dartmoor, Drake

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for the next Drakes book, especially to see that Nali and Mattias survive the confrontation that last book ended on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am SO looking forward to the next DRAKE book. Honestly, reading each Drake Chronicles book has been a balm to my mind. It's weird that it should have this much effect on me, but losing myself in that fantasy world makes this life a little more livable for me.

    So to a good writing year for you, and a good reading year for us readers!! Thank you for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Drake and Dartmoor! I am also waiting for the next Sons, but real life has been difficult lately so I am really depending on HEAs and HFNs. But write what you want - the rest of us will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Am two months late on this -- but always checking in to see if there will be more sons of rome content!!

    ReplyDelete