amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Monday, December 22, 2014

A Holiday Staycay


I don't think I realized, until the moment I turned it loose and sat back in my chair, just how deeply entrenched I was in Book Land. There was a moment of disorientation. What day is it? Where am I?

Okay, not really. But I was a little absorbed, shall we say. And the worst part? I had this intense urge to start writing again. Just stop, Lauren. Step away from the laptop.

So after the rush of Christmas dinner, I'm treating myself to a little staycation time to put my feet up.

I'm going to read this, and this, and this.

I'm so excited to go see the final chapter of The Hobbit. Tolkien and Christmas are irrevocably linked for me. It's a holiday tradition, and this year, it'll be the very last trip to Middle-Earth. I won't even pretend that I won't be crying into my sleeve the entire time.

Viktor's craziness has made nail care a bit of an impossibility. I bought this polish and want to try it out.

I'm also expecting my proof of Fearless in the mail any day now, so I'll put the finishing touches on it this holiday and get it ready for the giveaway. I have several cover ideas; maybe I'll put up a poll on FB and see which one you guys like best.

Giveaways will begin next month, and then I'll start work on Angels. Gah, I'm so excited. This little holiday breather will get me all energized to get back to work.

If I don't check back in until the 25th, I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. Thanks so much for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment