amazon.com/authors/laurengilley

You can check out my books on Amazon.com, and at Barnes & Noble too.

Sunday, January 21, 2024

A Peek Behind the Curtain (Or Over the Stall Door): Updates 1/21


It seems like the whole country's been in the grips of a major cold snap, and I just feel lucky we didn't have any snow or ice here. It's finally starting to warm up, for which all things two- and four-legged around here are grateful. I'm about to dive back into writing, but I wanted to check in first since it's been a while since I posted an official update of any sort. 

First things first: in case you missed it, my first release of 2024 dropped on the 5th. Lord Have Mercy Part Two: Fortunate Son. It's part two of the four-part tenth novel in the Dartmoor series, and it picks up right where The Good Son left off. You can follow one of the links below to grab it for your bookshelf or favorite e-reader device. 

Kindle/Paperback

Nook

Kobo 





I'm in the middle of debriefing the book here on the blog, though I'm breaking it into more manageable chunks rather than posting one long wrap-up. So far, I've talked about Boyle, Mercy, and Ava, and there's more to come. Y'all are KILLING it with the insightful and thoughtful comments, and I promise to respond to them when I get the chance, because it's a really great discussion in the works. 

That brings us to the future. What's up next? 

Well...a lot. 

Obviously, Parts Three and Four of Lord Have Mercy are at the top of the agenda. Considering Parts One and Two are together as long as the entirety of Fearless (haha, I'm in danger!) I'm not sure if I'll be able to compile a physical copy of the final book; we'll have to wait and see what Amazon's page limit is. Suffice to say, we're only halfway there, and there's so much left to come. 



I haven't been actively working on it, but the Drake Chronicles Book Six, Avarice of the Empire, is also right up there at the tippy top of the writing to-do list. I haven't talked about it much, but it's very much still in the works. 

I have a few other books in progress that I'm not going to divulge just yet. Soon, but not yet. I've been a busy bee, though, and there's some exciting stories to tell this year. I'm going to play it closer to the vest out of necessity, but I can promise that I have lots of fun things in store in the months to come. 

Hope you're all keeping warm! Be on the lookout for more debrief posts this week. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, I love anything you write I am always excited about your books and really look forward to them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the peek behind the scene. ❤

    ReplyDelete